Thursday, September 15, 2005

Yep, That's Calculus in your Mouth

Ugh! I have to go to the dentist tomorrow and I'm not looking forward to it. I haven't been to the dentist in, like, 2 years. I avoid going to the dentist like the plague, but it's high time for a cleaning. Plus, I've got these wisdom teeth that have grown in that are gonna have to come out. It's not something I look forward to, but I think I finally psyched myself up for it. But I'll still wait for the doctor to tell me that I need them out before I agree to it.

Now all the sudden I'm brushing, flossing, and gargling very diligently all week before going to the dentist, thinking I'll reverse the effects of bad brushing habits. Ha!

Not only that but I've been wearing my retainer all week too. 16 weeks of braces in high school and I go and screw them up by not wearing my retainer except in emergency situations (like going to the dentist). And man, they hurt like hell trying to squeeze them back into my mouth. But in the morning, my teeth feel like they moved back to their correct positions. Dr. Rosenberg will surely be impressed.

Going to the dentist is the most un-sexy thing people do. I mean, you've got your mouth wide open and there's a doctor that 2 inches from your face. I'm always worried he'll notice my nose hair or my bad complexion (well, in high school I was worried about the complexion, but it's chilled out since then). And then you get this "spider web" from your mouth to the bowl everytime you spit. Gross. And then when you leave, you have that crappy dentist smell on your clothes and that powder residue around your mouth from the latex gloves. I'm not looking forward to it.

Mental note: schedule next dentist appointment for 2007.

No comments: