Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Oh When The Saints Come Marching In

I drove my mom to the airport this morning, she's on her way to visiting my sister Rachel in Montreal for two weeks. On the way there, my mom told me that her cousins are ok. Some are temporarily housed on a military base in Houston, whilst some are in Baton Rouge. They have little to no belongings and probably called my other cousin Quang by calling card. So obviously we have no way to contact them.

They were lucky. They evacuated just as Hurricane Katrina was coming ashore, while their car could still drive through passable roads and the water didn't pose a risk of drifting. I already forget half the conversation with my mom but I think she said that the home they had in New Orleans is completely damaged. They would have to start over. Of course, my mom would love to have them here. She has tons of room at home and would quite enjoy the company.

Needless to say, I'm happy to hear that everyone is safe, sad to hear about the condition of their home. But it would be nice to have everyone live close together....

No comments: