Thursday, October 27, 2005

The Many Moods of Sophalopalus on 10/26/05

I was not having a good evening yesterday. After I left work, I headed over to my parents' house to help my mom with her health insurance. Her employer requires health assessments every year as part of benefit coverage. The thing is the assessment was online. And my mom does know how to use a computer. So it took probably a half hour for her to log in.

She's the type of person that doesn't read. So she wants to click whenever she sees a 'click here' button. No matter what the button is for, she sees one and thinks that's the one she needs.

Mood: very aggravated.

Then my mom told me that my dad did not get his job back. So he's pretty much up shit's creek. I don't know where he's going to find another job that will pay him as well as a government job does. It still interests me what he did to lose a government job. It must have been bad though. So right now he's working where my mom works for half the income he would normally get. Mom says he will probably have a nervous breakdown.

Last night, I felt very bummed out with this news and thought there would be something I could do to help out. But Joe told me that there really isn't anything I can do, it's his fault for doing what he did. My dad has to be willing to ask for help if he needs it. I think he's already knee deep in debt and will need help very soon.

Mood: sunken with worry and guilt.

On the way home I stopped at a Halloween store to pick up odds and ends. They didn't have any brooms! Go figure. Apparently witches don't use brooms nowadays. I should've just bought one the very first time I saw one. Stupid me.

Mood: Disenchanted.

So I get home and the only thing I can see is how dirty and disorganized the whole apartment is. Food particles all over the kitchen, cat constantly pulling garbage out of the trash, fur all over the place from working on the costume, nasty bathroom...

Mood: peeved.

Whenever I feel crappy I always get the urge to kick.

No comments: