Sunday, July 01, 2007

My Most Brilliant Idea to Date

Yesterday, Joe and I went to Hoss's for lunch. During the middle of our meal the hostess was pulling a high chair to the booth right next us, readying a table for a family of four. But the father asked whether they could sit at a table further away so it would be easier to maneuver the high chair. And then I thought "Yeah, take your kids to the kids section! I don't want hear your baby cry!"

Then I realized I stumbled upon the greatest idea I've had to date. Now that Pennsylvania is slowly banning smoking in public areas, I thought restaurants should convert those smoking sections into kid sections. So people like me can enjoy their meal in peace. Hey, I'm not being mean and selfish here. Think of all those new couples out on a date and then think of how their date is ruined when a family of 6 is seated in their vicinity. I know you can see my point here, don't deny it.

But I also have to call out the poorly trained restaurant staff who don't recognize a date when they see one and not-so-smartly seat a huge party with 7 kids next to them. Look, I know your job is to evenly distribute customers among the waitresses and make sure people get seated promptly. But your job is also to make the experience enjoyable, so pay attention to what's going on and stop putting the loudmouths near my table!

No comments: