Saturday, July 14, 2007

Beach Reading List

Originally, I was going to take Harry Potters 5 and 6 with me to the beach. But Joe threw a wrench in the plan when he ordered me a novel from Amazon. So I'm reading Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix now and leaving The Half-Blood Prince for the beach.

I never read except for when I'm at the beach and I try to really cram it in. So aside from Harry Potter, I'm taking The Nasty Bits by Tony Bourdain and Extremely Close and Incredibly Loud by Jonathan Safran Foer. I really liked Everything is Illuminated (the movie, I never read the book) so I wanted to dabble in something else from Foer.

Now that I've started, I want to get through The Order of the Phoenix as quickly as possible so I can catch up to what's going on and not get spoiled by other people's commentary on the upcoming, and last, book in the series. Plus, the movie's out now and I want to see it. But not before I read the dang thing- it's 800 and some pages long!

No comments: