Friday, June 30, 2006

The Hand of God

This is what Argentina needed today to win against Germany when Pekerman made some awful substitutions early in the game.

Messi and Saviola did not start. What!?
Then Abbondanzieri gets injured and has to sub out at a crucial time in the match. And then they sub out Riquelme?????? WHAT ARE YOU THINKING!!!!!!

I had Argentina going all the way this year. ALL. THE. WAY.
I wouldn't have made this prediction if I knew their manager was a complete loon. Why do you sub out Riquelme when there's still 20 minutes and Ballack, Podolski, and Klose are still on the pitch?
I bet you feel like a real ass when minutes later, Klose equalizes.

And now you have to play extra time without your A game.

And now you are pitting Jens Lehman against your second goalkeeper? No contest. I knew what was going to happen when I saw your substitutions. I just knew it.

Way to go Pekerman. You blew it.

No comments: