Tuesday, March 21, 2006

New Goal

Ok, so I've failed miserably at completing my goals from the beginning of the year. I just haven't had time to devote space to Cutlery Corner or post pictures (mostly, I just don't have any worthy pics to post). So it's time to state some new things to accomplish for the summer.

Create Summer Concert Series 2006 (aka Peepo Stock)

I've just had a craving to go to shows lately. Something I really enjoyed doing back in the day that I haven't been doing lately. I haven't been listening to cool new music lately, mostly because cool new music is near impossible to find on the radio or on TV. But since Joe got Sirius, I've been hearing some decent stuff. So I guess I was wrong about the state of affairs in the music industry. There's stuff out there, you just have to find it. Plus, the bands I like are either aging or becoming irrelevant or breaking up. So let's get started.

* Gogol Bordello play at the Troc in April. Aaron and Alisha love them, so this is a likely starter for the summer series.

* Fall Out Boy, Hawthorne Heights, All American Rejects play in Hershey in May. Yeah, these are C-list bands right now. Yeah, the concert is on a Wednesday. So a more likely choice for May could be...

* HFStival. This year this concert is allegedly at Merriweather, which is cool. I like Merriweather. Line-up is still in the rumors and wishlist phases, but this would be a great opportunity to see some great favorites and some new up and comers. Some of the rumored include Smashing Pumpkins or Chili Peppers or Dave Matthews. But on the more interesting note, Angels & Airwaves, Depeche Mode, The Strokes are also rumored to be there.

I haven't seen any interesting bands playing out towards June and July, but I'm looking. I'm getting excited about the prospects of making this a fun summer.

No comments: