Wednesday, March 22, 2006

The Mozzer Finds a Reason to Live

Is anyone else here as surprised as I am that Morrissey is still alive? When I was about 14, I was so sure that I'd see a tribute article in Select magazine celebrating the genius of a guy that is possibly the most miserable git on the face of the planet. Of course, it wouldn't be an easy death. Morrissey is the type of guy that would go for the suffering. Something like hanging or drowning would only do for the Mozzer.

[I am also surprised that Dave Gahan has narrowly escaped death by his own hand on several occasions, but that's a whole other blog all together.]

And yet Morrissey this time around has finally found a reason to live. And then decides to sing about you-know-what. Yeah. I can't believe it either. Never in my lifetime would I peg Morrissey for being happy or finding sex. Yeah, the most asexual guy on the planet sings about a good old romp. Who would ever guess? But he did it on his newest album, Ringleader of the Tormentors, due out in 2 weeks. You can actually preview the entire album right now on MySpace.

I've never been a big Morrissey fan. I like the radio singles and that's about it. Although I'm happy for his newfound happiness and love, I think I'm just gonna wait for his greatest hits album.

No comments: