Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Book Review: A Long Way Down

By Nick Hornby. Yeah that's the same guy that wrote the book About A Boy that ended up becoming a movie (a good one might I add) starring Hugh Grant.

I have to say this was unexpected subject matter for a beach vacation. I just expected to buy a light reading type of book. But when I saw the author, I figured I had to get it. Besides, I couldn't find any other books that interested me.

Ok, without giving it all away, it's about 4 people who happen to meet at the top of a popular building to commit suicide and what happens when they all decide to stay alive. It reminded me a little of the Real World Series on MTV because these guys certainly didn't make fast friends with each other, they were completely different personalities and backgrounds and reasons for being at the top of the building, ready to take the plunge.

All four characters were great and the reasons they were ready to die ranged from the ridiculous to the "yeah, I would jump too". You just have to read it, trust me it's not all morbid and sad. It's quite entertaining and in the end, you'll be satisfied. I promise.

4 eggrolls out of 5

No comments: