Friday, July 21, 2006

Mom and Dad Like It Because It's Commercial

My sister sent me an email telling me how her trip to Hawaii was with my parents. She said that mom and dad really liked Oahu, because it's commercial. That's so funny. Yet so true. I remember one time when my mom said she didn't like Rome because it was dirty. Like, they should renovate more often and make the buildings look nice.

Anyway, Jules recommended Kaui for the snorkeling and activities. The food was good and they brought back some cheesy gifts for me. I asked specifically for a beach towel and got a brown beach towel with a graphic of a hula dancer. Don't get me wrong, it is what I asked for, I just wasn't expecting the whole thing to be poop brown. I also got a black "Hawaii" t-shirt with gold embroidering, a poncho, a key chain, a fake Burberry handbag, and a box of chocolate covered macadamia nuts.

No comments: