Sunday, July 02, 2006

I Know Nothing

It's official. My World Cup bracket sucks. None of my picks for the Semifinals made it through. I thought I knew what I was doing, but I don't.

My picks = Argentina, Czech Republic, England, Brazil.
Reality = Germany, Italy, Portugal, France.

Boy was I wrong about Czech Republic, they never even made it out of Group round. And I never factored France or Portugal to be in it at all. What the hell do I know? But looking at the final four, I think all four teams deserve to be there. It's going to be tough matches ahead.

You should log onto Boom Chicago to see The Unlikely Fan's World Cup videos. Daily commentary on the World Cup...It's hilarious.

2 comments:

KB said...

Unlike last year, all the teams in the final four have won cups before. They need to hold the tournament outside of Europe to give the rest of the world a chance (not that it will help the US necessarily...)

Saint of Speed said...

the teams that you had picked are the all the teams that are hyped up on paper/ media.. paper tigers is the word I think...