Friday, April 20, 2007

Day 3: 5 Boroughs in 3 Days

Julie, Dan and I took the Staten Island Ferry. All the tourists were crowding on one side of the ferry to see the Statue of Liberty so we decided to move to the sunny side.

Once we landed in SI, we sought a vintage clothing store that Julie heard of. I bought a hat, a bandanna, and some super hippie dress that makes me look like a virgin that's standing in a meadow with a horse. It was an impulse buy.

Then we got Indian food for lunch on curry row. I had some super delicious chicken tikka masala, mmm!

Then we took the tram to Roosevelt Island. Dan thinks it's a creepy island in an old prison sort of way. But it's just some industrial turned residential area with weird generic stores.

We headed back for a nap and then decided on dinner and a movie. This time we ate at Flor de Mayo, which serves Peruvian and Chinese cuisine. I had the best pina colada and shrimp ceviche. Dan got this roasted chicken and fried plantains that were quite delicious. Then we headed to the movie theatre to see The Namesake, which made me cry. I'll write a review on it later.

Then we headed back and played a blank map game until it got late. I half snoozed until 5:30 the next morning to catch an early train back home.

The Guide:
Every Thing Goes - Staten Island
Spice Cove - Manhattan
Flor de Mayo - Manhattan
Paris Theatre - Manhattan

No comments: